As a Senior Investment Specialist External Strategy Management (ESM), you will be part of the external strategy investment team, whilst also being part of a team of ten asset-class oriented Investment Specialists, which are deployed within APG’s investment teams. In February 2020, the ESM team started as a separate team within APG asset management with the objective to ensure an independent assessment of external managers at strategy level. All external manager selectors for liquid asset classes and Alternative Alpha (a.o. hedge funds) have been centralized within ESM since then. The current team is composed of approx. 30 investment professionals. The Investment Specialists work within the global investment teams to provide both internal and external stakeholders with the most relevant and necessary information about the investment portfolios, philosophy, investment process, positions and performance of specific investment products. As an investment specialist you will contribute to the delivery of stakeholders needs, understand and extract needs, and ensure a pleasant experience whilst growing satisfaction through analytics and digitalization. As such, the ideal candidate will have good communication skills, a consultant mindset and client focus in combination with a passion for institutional investing in capital markets.
The main responsibilities of the Investment Specialist External Strategy Management include the following:
- Work with the ESM team in executing their tasks and activities related to interaction with Fiduciary Management and other stakeholders;
- Support the ESM team in promoting their investment strategies internally and externally.;
- Use your writing, presentation drafting and delivery skills to contribute to investment reporting and prepare/give presentations on the investments and investment analysis. Contribute to improved reporting to match or exceed industry standards;
- Contribute and coordinate workflow with respect to client-related activities such as Business Plans, Mandating Cycle, Annual Portfolio Reviews, New Product Approvals;
- Assist in refining policies and procedures with an eye towards best practice solutions.
With assets under management of about €550 billion, APG is one of the world's largest institutional investors and leading pension fund manager in the Netherlands. APG has a centralized external manager team that oversees the external managers who manage an EUR 110 bln in assets on behalf of its clients in Listed Equity Emerging and Developed Markets, Emerging Debt, Credits, liquid Commodities, alternative alpha (hedge funds) and Private Equity Impact.
The Senior Investment Specialist External Strategy Management will functionally report to the MD External Strategy Management, whilst hierarchically reporting to the Head of Investment Solutions. You will work closely with APG’s other Investment Specialists to ensure that presentations, RFI/database content, and other relevant materials have a consistent lay-out across investment teams. Conflicts of interest for your colleagues within Investment Solutions have to be prevented by safeguarding that external managers information of ESM is not accessible for colleagues outside ESM. You will serve as back-up for other Investment Specialists within the Team. The External Strategy Management team as well as all Investment Specialists are currently based in Amsterdam.