As a Senior Investment Specialist Real Estate, you will be part of the Global Real Estate Management Team, whilst also being part of a team of eight asset-class oriented Investment Specialists, which are deployed within APG’s investment teams. The Investment Specialists work within the global investment teams to provide both internal and external stakeholders with the most relevant and necessary information about the investment portfolios, philosophy, investment process, positions and performance of specific investment products. As an investment specialist you will contribute to the delivery to fulfil stakeholders needs, understand and extract needs, and ensure a pleasant experience whilst growing satisfaction through analytics and digitalization. As such, the ideal candidate will have good communication skills, a consultant mindset and client focus in combination with a passion for institutional real estate investing.
The main responsibilities of the Investment Specialist Real Estate include the following:
- Work with the Real Estate investment team in executing their tasks and activities related to interaction with Fiduciary Management and other stakeholders;
- Support the investment teams in promoting their investment strategies internally and externally and serve as a point of contact for Fiduciary Management;
- Use your presentation drafting and delivery skills to contribute to investment reporting and prepare/give presentations on the investments and investment analysis. Contribute to improved reporting to match or exceed industry standards;
- Contribute and coordinate workflow with respect to client-related activities such as Business Plans, Mandating Cycle, Annual Portfolio Reviews;
- Build a database of presentations, RFP Q&As, signature investment examples;
- Assist in refining policies and procedures with an eye towards best practice solutions.
With assets under management of over €550 billion, APG is one of the world's largest institutional investors and leading pension fund manager in the Netherlands. APG manages a mature, award-winning Real Estate portfolio on behalf of its clients which is diversified across regions, sectors, and risk styles. We have significant scale and skills yet act with the nimbleness of a boutique. We invest through different routes into Real Estate (direct investments, funds, co-investments, club investments and joint ventures) and always with a strong focus on the highest ESG standards.
The Senior Investment Specialist Real Estate will functionally report to the Global Head of Real Estate Investment Strategy, whilst hierarchically reporting to the Head of Service Investment Solutions. You will work closely with APG’s other Investment Specialists to ensure that presentations, RFI/database content, and other relevant materials are centrally stored and have a consistent lay-out across investment teams. You will serve as back-up for other Investment Specialists within the Team.
All Investment Specialists are currently based in Amsterdam, mainly due to the proximity to Fiduciary Management and Clients. However, the team has a global scope and also supports the CIO organization in Hong Kong and New York offices. The Investment Specialists are also digital enablers; i.e. they contribute to the execution of the digitalization roadmap within the CIO cluster.