Who we are
APG manages over €600 billion in assets for pension funds. APG plays a leading role in the pension sector, and focuses strongly on the transition towards sustainable investing. You will join a diverse team of fifteen professionals of various nationalities and be part of the broader business unit Quantitative Strategies. Our core belief is that our ability to integrate long-term stakeholder value and to deliver alpha uncorrelated to traditional quant factors, using data and digital technologies will define our future success. We are on an ambitious multi-year innovation journey, and need talent to drive that further.
What we offer
We offer a Junior Portfolio Manager position in APG’s Quantitative Equities team in Amsterdam, which is currently looking for several new colleagues. Together with the team you are responsible for the research, development and portfolio management of systematic investment strategies. The strategies are based on insights from the fields of quantitative and behavioral finance and our industry experience.
What responsibilities do you get?
• Consistently implement the investment strategy by rebalancing various client portfolios;
• Stay up to date on the drivers of market and portfolio performance and share insights with the team;
• Implement our clients' Responsible Investment policies;
• Communicate with stakeholders regarding portfolio performance;
• Create, maintain and enhance portfolio management tools.
Dit wordt je functie
Who we are
Dit breng je mee
• MSc in (quantitative) finance, or related scientific field;
• CFA designation preferred though not required;
• At least 2 years of experience as a (quant) portfolio manager or trader;
• Programming experience in one or both of the following languages: Python, MATLAB;
• A strong interest in financial markets and a digital mindset;
• Mentality of continuous improvement for processes and systems;
• Highly motivated team player with result orientation and eye for details;
• Well-developed verbal and written communication skills in English.
Hier ga je aan de slag
For pension provider APG, pensions are about people, life and how we live together. Through careful asset management, pension administration, communication and advice, APG wants to help build a decent future in which we share our well-being and prosperity honestly and sustainably. For present and future generations. For today, tomorrow and beyond.
We offer a competitive salary and attractive terms of employment with a focus on flexibility. Next to this, we provide:
- Quality pension scheme;
- Year-end bonusses;
- Generous training budgets and personal development.
More information? Please contact recruiter Roy Tholen, or Maarten Smit via firstname.lastname@example.org, who can tell you more about the specific position.