In 2017 APG Asset Management created a Fiduciary Management (FM) department with the objective to provide pension fund clients with independent advice on their investment portfolio. Also, to keep oversight on the appropriate implementation of client investment mandates.
In this position, you work in a team of Fiduciary Managers and focus on operational risks. You are responsible for the review of investment operations, including IT risks related to systems and processes. As the investment world embraces data analytics, new technological and sustainable development, our fiduciary management also changes. A dynamic environment! With your open mind for new techniques, you monitor the operational execution of our clients’ investment mandates.
As a Fiduciary Manager Client Portfolio you will be, together with the team, responsible for:
- Conducting (yearly) reviews of the execution of investment mandates, with focus on non-financial, operational risks; as well as reviews of the processes and activities of the Operations and IT department;
- Development of an assessment framework for investment operations and IT;
- Coordination and shaping of Mandate Management processes and products (e.g., templates, definitions, planning and assembly of products like reviews, guidelines for mandates);
- Providing advice and support for clients in the design of integrated risk management policies, implementation, monitoring and evaluation;
- Translating the clients investment strategy into tangible mandates;
- Monitoring performance and risk at client portfolio level. Intervene when necessary in the best interest of the client;
- Taking mandating decisions or advising about mandate requirements, in the best interest of the client;
- Conducting 1st line risk management activities on the client portfolio. This includes monitoring, performing scenario and stress tests and advising on total risk exposure across the client portfolio.
The department of the Chief Fiduciary Officer is designed to act as a trusted and independent advisor of our pension fund clients. It advises clients on strategic balance-sheet and investment management strategy and translates the client strategy into a tangible set of mandates. CFI evaluates the performance of selected internal and external asset managers and keeps oversight over the risk and return of the total client portfolio. Within the CFI department, you will be a member of the Mandate Management department. You report to the Head of Client Portfolio.
You will be based in Amsterdam at our office at Sloterdijk/Edge West.