The Analyst or Associate will be responsible for supporting the Senior Portfolio Managers primarily in the execution of primary fund commitments, where you will work on analyzing new fund investment opportunities and on monitoring the portfolio. The role responsibilities include developing a network of peers in the private equity industry by participating in conferences, AGMs and other industry initiatives, analyzing track records and closely collaborating with other team members in deal related activities.
You will join one of the largest and most influential private equity programs globally. The Funds Underwriting team not only works in close collaboration with team members in New York and Hong Kong but also with the rest of the Global Private Equity department, including the dedicated Co-Investments, Secondaries, Fund of Funds & Analytics and Mid-Office teams.
- Perform analyses to assist in the selection process of appropriate investment opportunities, including relative assessments of strategy, organization, track record and terms & conditions of General Partners;
- Support Portfolio Managers in the APG decision-making process, including involvement in the due diligence process and the preparation of investment proposals;
- Monitor performance of fund commitments and underlying portfolio companies, including providing support in the internal fund review process and related reporting activities;
- Develop a network with peer professionals in the private equity industry;
- Contribute to the aspirations of APG to continue to be a global leader in responsible investing;
- And contribute to digitalization efforts within the team.
APG is the largest pension provider in the Netherlands and manages the pension assets of approximately 4.8 million participants. APG is based out of offices in Amsterdam, Heerlen, New York and Hong Kong.
APG’s Global Private Equity team currently manages over €40 billion in assets and comprises of 47 professionals of which 36 are based in New York, 9 in Amsterdam and 2 in Hong Kong. Of the 9 in Amsterdam, 5 investment professionals currently form the Funds Underwriting team and are responsible for the execution of primary fund commitments in Europe as well as managing a portfolio of over 20 GP relationships in close collaboration with the PE team members in the other offices. The Funds Underwriting team in Amsterdam is expected to count 6 investment professionals in 2023 and is currently looking to hire an Analyst or Associate.