We offer a position in APG’s Quantitative Equity investment team in Amsterdam which is currently looking for several Researchers and Developers. Together with the team you are responsible for the research, development and portfolio management of systematic investment strategies. The strategies are based on insights from the fields of quantitative and behavioral finance and our industry experience. The team’s strategies will run on the investment insights you develop.
Who are we?
APG manages over €500 billion in assets for pension funds. APG plays a leading role in the pension sector, and focuses strongly on the transition towards sustainable investing. You will join a diverse team of ten professionals of various nationalities and be part of the broader business unit Quantitative Strategies. Our core belief is that our ability to improve investment decision making using data and digital technologies will define our future success. We are engaging on an ambitious multi-year innovation journey, and need talent to drive that further.
This is going to be your job
This is what you offer
What are we looking for?
- An MSc or PhD degree in (quantitative) finance, mathematics, data science, or related fields;
- At least 7 years of experience as a Quantitative Researcher;
- Experience in extracting alpha signals from large traditional and alternative datasets;
- You have affinity and hands-on experience with programming;
- You like working in a cooperative research environment;
- You can clearly communicate your research outcomes in writing and in person in English;
- You have a focus on results and you are eager to improve systems and processes;
- You are deeply interested in financial markets and have a digital mindset.
Which responsibilities will you get?
- Initiate, execute, and oversee research projects focused on enhancing the investment strategy;
- Communicate, document, and implement research results;
- Contribute to APG’s custom build IT platform for research and portfolio management;
- Stay up to date on quantitative equity developments in industry and academia.
This is where you'll work
For pension provider APG, pensions are about people, life and how we live together. Through careful asset management, pension administration, communication and advice, APG wants to help build a decent future in which we share our well-being and prosperity honestly and sustainably. For present and future generations. For today, tomorrow and beyond.
We offer a competitive salary and attractive terms of employment with a focus on flexibility.
More information? Please contact recruiter Andre Komaromi 06 12 41 7927, who can tell you more about the specific position]. If you are the person we are looking for, click on the apply button, complete the form and upload your CV, covering letter and a university grade lists before Dec 9th, 2020.