As Investment Specialist Private Equity you will be part of a team of seven investment specialists, which are deployed within APG’s investment teams. The investment specialists work within the global investment teams to provide both internal and external stakeholders with the most relevant and necessary information about the investment portfolios, philosophy, investment process, positions and performance of specific investment products. As an investment specialist you will contribute to the delivery to fulfil stakeholders needs, understand and extract needs, and ensure a pleasant experience whilst growing satisfaction through digitalization. As such the ideal candidate will have good communication skills, a consultant mindset and client focus in combination with a passion for investing.
The main responsibilities of the Investment Specialist Private Equity include the following:
- Work with the Global Co-Heads of Private Equity and Private Equity Analytics/Middle Office teams in executing their tasks and activities related to interaction with Fiduciary Management and other stakeholders;
- Support the Private Equity teams in promoting their investment strategies internally and externally and serve as a point of contact for Fiduciary Management;
- Use your presentation drafting and delivery skills to contribute to investment reporting by the Fund Control team and prepare/give presentations on the investments and investment analysis. Contribute to improved reporting to match or exceed industry standards;
- Contribute and coordinate workflow with respect to Business Plans, Mandating Cycle, Annual Mandate Review;
- Build a database of presentations, RFP Q&As, signature investment examples;
- Assist in refining policies and procedures with an eye towards best practice solutions;
- Support the digitalization roadmap within the CIO cluster.
You will work closely with APG’s other investment specialists to ensure that presentations, RFI/database content, and other relevant materials are centrally stored and have a consistent lay-out across investment teams. You will be the back up of the Investment Specialist Real Assets. You will also work in close cooperation with the Analytics and Middle office teams (that will consist of a total of 8 people), which is responsible among other areas, for the maintenance and further development of an internal reporting and operations platform of the Private Equity asset class. This platform serves our stakeholders for their information needs.
Although based in Amsterdam, mainly due to the proximity to Fiduciary Management and Clients, the team has a global scope and supports the CIO organization in Hong Kong and New York offices as well. The investment specialists will also be digital enablers; i.e. they contribute to the execution of the digitalization roadmap within the CIO cluster.
You will functionally report to the leader of the PE Analytics team in the Netherlands, whilst hierarchically reporting to the Head of Investment Specialists.