As Business Relationship Manager (BRM), working from Heerlen, you’ll be part of a team of four specialists, who are responsible for concluding contracts and maintaining relations with the external parties on which APG Asset Management relies to guarantee the investment process within the associated risk taxonomy. As BRM you’ll act as the first point of contact for external parties worldwide and take care of connections and liaison with the internal stakeholders and business partners. The BRM needs to have knowledge of the applicable legislation and regulations and the associated risk aspects. The most important responsibilities of the Business Relationship Manager encompass the following:cooperation with the Asset Management organization in the broadest sense – including the New York and Hong Kong offices - in meeting their external requirements for the performance of their activities, related to the strategy of APG Asset Management;
- maintaining international relations internally and externally at tactical and strategic levels, keeping abreast of and giving advice on market developments in relation to the strategy and our external partners;
- investigating the market for the services required for APG Asset Management;
- contributing to strategy and helping to optimize management models and fine-tune policies with an eye to best-practice solutions for Contracting and Third-Party Risk Management;
- Third-Party Risk Management; identifying, analyzing and explaining the various risk aspects of the external landscape and defining them unambiguously and efficiently by means of due diligence, screening, KY3P, etc.;
- contributing to the optimization and management of the global contracts database;
- organizing, planning and facilitating strategic consultations with our most important contractual partners.
The Business Relationship Manager will report hierarchically to the Head of Contracting & Third Party Management, which is part of the COO cluster within APG AM. You will work closely together with your team, but also on a daily basis with the stakeholders in APG AM and APG Group in order to ensure that requirements are fulfilled quickly and carefully.
Contracting & Third Party Management is based in Heerlen, but the team is regularly present at our Amsterdam location, and there is close contact with our offices in the US and Asia.